Pebble Mine – TIME TO TAKE ACTION!
From the Sportsman’s Alliance for Alaska (SAA) Newsletter:
TIME TO ACT IS NOW!
EPA releases revised draft Bristol Bay Watershed Assessment
Agency accepting public comments through May 31
Based on over 230,000 public comments, public meetings held in Seattle, Anchorage, and a number of Bristol Bay communities, and a review by an independently selected panel of expert peer scientists, EPA has released revisions to the draft Bristol Bay Watershed Assessment.
Public comments will be taken through May 31, 2013. The salmon of Bristol Bay – and the jobs and culture they support – need you to submit your comments through the Save Bristol Bay Action Center.
- The revised draft watershed assessment and executive summary may be viewed on the EPA’s official Bristol Bay Web site.
- View the official EPA fact sheet which summarizes changes in the revised draft watershed assessment.
- Trout Unlimited expressed the need for EPA to take action based on the revised assessment in this press release.
- Commercial fishing businesses voiced their support for the watershed assessment in this press release.
- SAA Director Scott Hed did a Q&A with American Angler magazine regarding the revised watershed assessment.
See SAA’s Latest News page for much more media coverage about this critical development.